Identity theft is the crime of this century, affecting every business, workplace and consumer in some way, directly or indirectly. It has a thousand different faces – family and friends, mail thieves and burglars, street gangs and organized crime, hacker collectives and state sponsored actors – not to mention the more than 50 million victims it’s already claimed in the U.S. just in the last few years.
And after two decades of fighting this crime, the crime appears to be winning – 2016 was the worst on record with more than 1 million new victims every 30 days. And a big part of the winning strategy is the collusion of identity theft with cybercrime.
Identity theft and cybercrime are two sides of the same coin, equal partners in the same crime spree, and it’s hard to fight one without understanding its connections to the other.
This book lays out those connections, and provides every consumer and small business owner with one of most detailed and easy-to-read insights into these crimes and the people behind them.
Written by one of the world’s most experienced “people” security experts, and drawn from more than three decades of global security experience, Double Trouble explains in very simple terms all the threats that have emerged from the worlds of identity theft and cybercrime, what’s coming next, and what your best defense strategies should be.
No more confusing advice, no more pointless recommendations – just straight-to-the-point wisdom from a highly respected and straight-talking expert who’s been fighting these crimes and criminals for longer than almost any other expert alive today.
The book includes:
- More than 30 chapters and 250 pages of easy-to-use advice.
- Covers identity theft, malware, hacking and hackers, organized cybercrime, tax fraud, ransomware, passwords, data breaches and everything in between.
- Interviews with some of the most notorious identity thieves and cybercrooks.
- Real life stories of cases, victims, and criminal schemes.
- A list of more than 50 great security and privacy products that are absolutely free.
The new edition of Double Trouble will soon be available for Amazon Kindle and as a paperback.